The Atlanta Braves have been busy during the 2023 offseason, even if not in the way that some thought they might be. Rather than breaking the bank in free agency or acquiring highly-paid players on the trade market, the Braves are wielding their financial resources to make more nuanced moves, and that is the centerpiece of the discussion on Episode 432 of the Battery Power Podcast.
Scott Coleman and Brad Rowland co-host the program, and topics include the following:
- Atlanta continues to spend money in the form of taking on contracts that under water with sweeteners attached
- Ray Kerr appears to be the enticement in Friday’s deal with the San Diego Padres, even if Matt Carpenter is (much) more famous
- Jarred Kelenic reportedly cost the Braves about $15 million in capital, and the key to that acquisition is long-term upside
- David Fletcher is ready to roll in the utility infielder role
- The 2024 ZiPS projections are out on FanGraphs and they really like the Braves, especially Ronald Acuña Jr.
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.