The Atlanta Braves lost two games over the weekend but, as of the evening of Sunday, August 6, everything is just fine. In fact, Atlanta welcomed a key piece back into the fold this week and, with a glance at the standings, the positives are easy to find.
Episode 411 of the Battery Power Podcast arrives with that in the background, and the duo of Scott Coleman and Brad Rowland discuss the following:
- The Braves finished off a series win over the Angels and then toppled the Cubs in the opener on Friday, using a powerful offense to do so
- Michael Harris is fully “back” after his well-documented slow start
- Max Fried is back and Max Fried is very, very good at throwing the baseball
- Friday’s win over Chicago featured a trademark explosion from this offense
- Bryce Elder and Charlie Morton had very rough weekends and it is perhaps concerning for the future
- Matt Olson and Austin Riley are just mashing baseballs over the wall on a continual basis
- Catching up on the latest news and notes
- Previewing the upcoming week, with the Braves facing eight games on the schedule over a seven-day period
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.