The Atlanta Braves are heading back to the NLCS for the second straight season. Atlanta picked up a wild, 5-4 win over the Milwaukee Brewers in Game 4 and, as such, Brian Snitker’s team is moving on to meet an opponent from the NL West.
In the afterglow, TC’s Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman co-host Episode 313 of the Talking Chop Podcast and topics include the following:
- The Braves got a pre-game curve ball with Jorge Soler testing positive for COVID-19
- Atlanta handed the ball to Charlie Morton on three days rest, and the veteran capably did his job amid challenging circumstances
- Morton did run into trouble in the 4th inning and, overall, the top of that frame was not ideal for the home team
- The bottom half was much better, as Atlanta tied the game
- The back and forth continued in the 5th inning, with the score remaining knotted by the end
- Atlanta’s bullpen was lights-out in the final four innings of the game
- Freddie Freeman put together one of the biggest swings of his career against Josh Hader
- Will Smith held the line and, well, the Braves were on to the NLCS
- Atlanta’s next step is getting rested and preparing for MLB’s “Final Four” beginning on Saturday
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.