The NLCS has finally arrived and the Braves will welcome a more than familiar foe to Atlanta for Game 1 on Saturday night: The Los Angeles Dodgers. While natural talent may be on the Dodgers side, rest, momentum, and perhaps a touch of destiny could certainly aid the Braves. If last year’s NLCS between these two same teams was any indication, it should be a wonderful series of amazing baseball.
In anticipation of the Dodgers and Braves, Talking Chop’s Eric Cole and Shawn Coleman break down the matchup from many different perspectives, including:
- With the Game 1 starter announced as Max Fried, how could the rest of the rotation fall into alignment.
- With Jorge Soler likely an not an option in the series, how might the lineup look and could adjustments happen during the series?
- Do any roster changes make sense with Soler out and the Braves facing a very tough Dodgers lineup?
- How the Braves can find success against Max Scherzer, Walker Buehler, and Julio Urias
- Do any weaknesses stand out in the Dodgers lineup?
- Successful approaches against the Dodgers high velocity relievers
- Small yet significant areas of advantages the Braves much find success in
- Plus predictions, Series MVPs, X-Factors, and Will Destiny Truly Be on the Braves side?
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.